Thursday, July 21, 2016

Day 123: 4 Months Sober!

Wow, four months sober! Very cool.  I love that my sober day is 3/21 and I have 123 days today...just a funky coincidence but I find a little comfort in it.  Four months doesn't really seem like very long to me honestly, but when I think about how far I've come and how fast the time has been flying lately, it really is an accomplishment.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is that I am a lot less angry.  I used to be a little unpredictably explosive.  These outbursts were sort of like tantrums and I was ashamed of them but they just continued to occur.  There is nothing wrong with anger- it's healthy, of course.  I just felt like the things I'd get mad at were so useless and trivial.  I have seen a therapist a few times and she suggested perhaps these were things that were "safe" to let my anger out at.  I liked that explanation a lot...but it didn't stop them from cropping up.

The thing is, they hardly ever happen anymore!  Could be due to not drinking, could be due to continuing along through bereavement, could be both, who the heck knows- I like myself more now, though.

Just thought I'd share.  Still very busy with class and my tiny guy.  I value and appreciate the support I've received thus far on my journey.  Thank you so much.  Hope all are well and much love to you.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!
    4 Months is wonderful.
    I am way less angry than I was when I was drinking!
    Hugs!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say I'm a less angry, a little less talkative, a little more sad sometimes, and strangely, a whole lot happier overall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 4 months, that's so great. Glad you feel less angry too. I often read about people feeling calmer. PDTG x

    ReplyDelete