Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Day 212: The Past and Beyond

Crazy how a memory can just destroy you a little bit, in such an unexpected instant.  Things hit me all the time, reminding me of my dad.  It is still so hard.  I suspect it always will be.

A strong feeling of contentment with not drinking.  It was so out of hand before.  I really have to keep going and look back only with the wisdom that being sober is so much better for my life.  I can only be grateful for right now, and know that I can't take not drinking for granted.

Not much else to share.  Been a little out of sorts today but also weirdly productive.   Much love always.

2 comments:

  1. Just a big hug from me. Being out of sorts is okay and sometimes we are reminded of things out of the blue, I think, just so we don't forget too easily. I bet it's hard but you are doing so great with not drinking through it!!! I'm waffling a bit but it feels temporary as opposed to the permanence it felt like for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks HD, big hugs going out to you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete