Saturday, May 28, 2016

Day 69: Blessed

Such a tough day but the love of my family brings me so much comfort. Time together laughing, walking, playing, cooking, singing, just enjoying each other's presence and cherishing one another. I thought about my dad all day. I miss him all the time and I cried so hard for the loss of him. I think about how much he loved being a parent and that I am the exact same way. I realized that it being a holiday weekend and also the year anniversary of his death, I would normally have been drinking heavier than usual. It makes me so thankful to not be drinking any longer. I am free from that prison. I am blessed beyond belief and long to hold onto every single moment. Much love and support to all this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Much love back at ya! That's cool that your dad really loved being a parent and you do too. You must have such great memories and I hope you can be happily thinking of the good times through your tears as you celebrate him. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, HD. I appreciate that a lot.<3

    ReplyDelete