Monday, June 6, 2016

Day 78: Huge Beauty

Went to the park this evening with my guys. I love going there. Tons of folks just doing their thing...walking, jogging, playing with their kids, walking their dogs, playing softball.. It feels so good being around that positive activity. I'm doing more now that I'm not drinking. I like life more. I thought I was happy drinking but I am happier now. This is something I need to remember. The drinking is really only fun for a small percentage of the time..the rest of the time is a drag. For me, dealing with the small bummers of not drinking are worth it to enjoy the huge beauty of being sober. I am getting it.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I am happier too! Last night with family was no big deal. No cravings, just the awkward explaining of why I am not drinking! And I slept great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic, HD. It seems like it's more and more no big deal..except when it IS a big deal..but that is getting better. :) <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete