Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 97: Brief Escape

Big old day- soldiered through and had an urge that faded quickly.  I stripped it bare, seeing it for what it was- a blatant mental cry for brief escape.  I get into trouble when I think "who cares, I should be able to escape, this is hard to deal with..."  As always, we all know that a brief escape (aka: a glass of wine or a beer, aka: the elusive one drink) doesn't exist for me.  Today's slippery urge never grew into anything very strong and only lasted for, at most, a couple of minutes.  Sometimes when it happens, I just let myself indulge in it, because inevitably I always lead myself back to "not a good idea..." and quickly following that is no longer desiring it.  I like that very much.  Hope all are well out there.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, a wonderful way you dealt with that urge!
    Our drinking brain just loves to trick us!!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the best we can with these thoughts, don't we? :) <3

    ReplyDelete