Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Day 10 Part 7

Getting ready for sleep now but I need to share this "out loud". Finished Allen Carr and overall, I really loved it. I think the depth of it will continue to sink in as time passes. Basically, this is where I am right now. I would like to take the step forward he writes about. I need to not drink alcohol ever again. This need not be a 100 day challenge. It needs to be a positive, empowering permanent life change. It should not be measured by numbers or days and it should not be a challenge at all. I appreciate the peace and sheer joy I have already begun to feel from being free. I was driving and happened to pass a usual former liquor store I would frequent (often..cringingly often), and it already felt a little unfamiliar. Going there, buying alcohol, consuming it, recovering from it..all the internal drama, the many emotional storms of my psyche, obsessive compulsive relationship, etc. I think this will be my last "Day" post. Although I will remember and cherish my first real sober day since before I started the whole mess of it all. My first true day of freedom from drowning, like a birthday, a rebirthday: 3/21/2016. It is not one (struggling/aching) day at a time for me. It is one beautiful life that I need to do my very best with. Honor, truth, and love. Let me be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment