Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Day 9

Totally fell down the stairs in the middle of the night and busted my knee, completely sober! Errrrg. Happy to be on Day 9. I feel more productive these past days. It is really nice. I also notice my anger seems to have lessened in intensity? I have been having random tiny moments of rage for a while now. It started when I was pregnant, toward the end, as my dad got really sick. Has popped up here and there ever since and scares the shit out of me. I have absolutely never been like that. Maybe stopping drinking has helped ease or smooth that a little? Or maybe my internal angst about drinking in general has eased and that's contributed to less pent-up frustration? I know anger is natural though, and letting it out is a positive thing. Maybe I had never released it in effective ways to begin with and it hit a breaking point? Maybe I stuffed it and other emotions way down with substance usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment