Monday, May 16, 2016

Authentic Voice

Been super distracted with fantasies of moving and also had some rough patches in the day, but as they occured I had no desire or urge to drink. I didn't think of it at all until some point when I had a random thought that drinking does not help in any real way. It's funny how used to drinking I had gotten, because before it would be a no brainer- have a drink to soothe the ole problems.  Instead, I cried a little, breathed, talked with my husband, tended to my tiny man, hung out with my little dog, took a beautiful walk at the park with everyone, and things just got better. Sometimes I have weirdo thoughts and talking them out with my husband gives me perspective and I see how cuckoo they really are..or see the validity in them..or both. I am finding a more honest and open voice when it comes to communicating, at least with my husband. We have always been a couple that clicks and just gets each other (grateful every day for that), but I feel like I've been a little more upfront with him lately, and that I've been able to explain how I think or feel in more effective ways. It is so awesome. I wonder if it has to do with not drinking? Much love to all.

3 comments:

  1. I would be it has everything to do with not drinking! So glad you are breathing new air!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment duplicating is driving me crazy....there is nothing I am doing to cause this. I simply post and click publish...yikes!!! Maybe it's something trying to tell me to shut up and crawl back to my blog! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete