Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Really-Really!

It's Day 65 for me today, and I think I am going to go back to keeping track of the days because it just feels good.  I have a real sense of accomplishment for every day, even though most days are not really "work" at all.  I am pleased to be sober and genuinely enjoy not drinking.  When I first began my journey, I read statements like that and thought, really?  I mean, really-really?  I can truly say yes, really-really, it is awesome not drinking.  I wanted to get to a place where I felt comfortable not drinking, felt like it was something I used to do and now I don't, and I believe I am beginning to reach that place.  Once again, I find it paramount that I never get cocky or overly-confident.  I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, or even tonight honestly.  But I feel normal and I do not miss drinking.  Much love.

2 comments:

  1. Love these posts. They keep me hopeful and moving in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, HD- you ARE moving in the right direction! <3

    ReplyDelete