Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hi Diddly Ho!

So....I feel like my blog talks about a lot of downer stuff- I mean, the topics of death and drinking- not exactly encompassing the super-goodtimes-happy zone!  These are aspects of life (not just mine) and completely relevant to be working through, and the anonymity of this blog has helped me to be open about how I feel.  That said, today is really a good, smooth day, and I just wanted to share that.  Yay!  No soul-crushing grief or strange cravings to drink!  Not much obsession or rumination on either topic, to be honest.  Really, it's been so good.  Lots of time hanging with my son- he is the best.  I am so thankful to be able to be with him.  Also, my relationship with my husband is just, well, it kicks ass.  I am so lucky.  You know, if I would have continued drinking, going along as I had been, who knows what the future might have brought?  My drinking may have (almost definitely would have) gotten worse/increasingly dysfunctional/more of an issue....who knows where it would've led us all?  My son is still only under a year old, and I hear about some moms who hang out in play groups and drink wine or something.  It is so accepted!  I'm sure I would have gotten into that at some point.  That is bothersome.  Plus, you know me, it wouldn't have stopped with the wine at play time.  More drinking in the evening!  Errrg!  I don't like imagining darker times, but it's good to every now and again.  Is this becoming a downer post again? Drats!  Let me end with my extremely honest gratitude for not being a drinker anymore.  No real cravings to speak of, no end in sight (in a good way).  It's just really cool.  I love no longer being a boozy mom/wife/woman/human.  It is awesome!! :) <3

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok to be down and up!
    Or up and down!
    But in any case, I am SO happy you are seeing the beauty of not drinking!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the beauty is a great way to describe it! Thank you, Wendy :)

      Delete