Friday, May 6, 2016

Beautiful Quiet Rainy Friday

Rainy here and I'm feeling pretty subdued.  Had a long conversation with my husband last night and I think it helped process/resolve a bunch of stuff that's been lingering in my head and heart.  I am melancholy today but calm and have gotten a bit more self-assured and at peace as the day has progressed.  During the talk we had, I felt a few random and brief urges to drink, but they really weren't powerful.   I think they were coping-habit urges.  They were not serious.  I heard them, acknowledged them, and they just passed.  I feel so incredibly good not drinking.  It's like I am me again.  It's weird.  I am still early days, but I feel different.  I feel normal.  It's wonderful.  Still haven't really had any major "tests" and haven't hung out much with friends lately.  Our little guy has a lot to do with that.  In my head, I imagine it not being a big deal at all about not drinking.  Hopefully that's how it will be.  Sometimes I just feel like there are so much more important things to be concerned with, and I love that because I think it means I am adjusting/learning/growing.  It's Friday and normally I would be drinking this evening.  It's so great not to.  I mean that.  It's not something I am fighting.  It's just no desire.  Maybe I was just really ready when I stopped.  I hope this continues.  Happy weekend to all. <3

2 comments: