Monday, May 23, 2016

Partyoholic?

Feeling bummed today for a few different reasons.  Hopefully it'll pass.  Had an emotional evening last night and as it occurred, I thought about how normally I'd absolutely drink to help smooth things.  Now today I review the events and I think, well those issues are still here.  Drinking would have solved nothing.  At this point, if I drink, I think I am going to seriously feel regret because I have a great amount of satisfaction for the amount of time I've been sober.  It has added so much to my life.  To blow it off would be so, so sad.  It's also hard to think about starting over.  I have a very nice warm feeling now about being sober.  I am very content with it (for the most part).  It's just something I want for my life, and a real accomplishment.  I still don't know if I was/am an alcoholic.  That seems so funny saying that because I have this blog dedicated to helping me express my journey in SOBRIETY!  It's seems like, duh!  Nobody writes that much about it or needs that release if it's no big thing!  Maybe I'm in denial?  I think part of me feels like I was/am, and then another part of me feels like I am more of a partyoholic, like my "thing" never used to be booze...but it was always something.  Or perhaps an escapeoholic?  Escaping emotional extremes?  Not sure.  I guess I have the rest of my life to contemplate it.  Anyway, who really cares, my feeling now is that I don't want to drink or do anything mind-altering and that's what matters.  Mucho love always.

5 comments:

  1. I get the escapeoholic thing. I have moments of wondering about "how much did I really have a problem" and yet I blog as well! Probably a sign. The danger is that I will try to moderate but reading the blogs of others who have tried is very helpful. Keeps me pointed in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, HD. The moderation sirens do continue to come calling, but it does seem like the longer I don't drink, the longer I want to continue not drinking, period. For now.....hopefully for good!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if I didn't drink as much as I thought. If I did, shouldn't I have lost weight by now? hahaha I really don't know why I drank so much. I guess it is not that important now...or is it? I am working on my emotions. Learning not to pick up a glass of wine when I am feeling something...positive or negative. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my post of today. I have a solution to your weight loss issue......lol

      Delete
  3. I bet you look really awesome, weight loss or no weight loss! Love your comment so much. Looking forward to reading your blog- your post from yesterday was so good and also funny!

    ReplyDelete