Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Peace to the Beast

My tiny angry beast seems to have disappeared the past several days.  What a relief... I hate feeling that way.  It isn't constant, but it's unpredictable and pops up from time to time.  I think what really helped to shift the madness tide was Un-Tipsy Teacher sharing a wise thought with me about her experience with anger...how it used to be that she felt like she "deserved" to be angry.  That has really stuck with me.  I hear entitlement in my anger, and now that I've recognized it, it seems I have more perspective about it.  It just clicked for me.  I get it now.  Like, "wow, this is not the end of the world- the universe isn't against you- it's just a bummer thing that happened and it will pass.." Yes, a bit like the cravings to drink/escape...in and out and onward.

I also think some of the things I've gotten angry at have been "safe" things to be mad about.  Like tripping on the stairs or something.  I might get super upset about that (doesn't last long, but really sours my day and puts me in a "poor me" mood)......but my anger about my dad's suffering at the end of his days and the way some of the providers treated him, that doesn't come out as anger, it just comes out as depression/sadness.  I don't know if that's an accurate thought, but I suspect there's something to it.  Anyway, happy Tuesday to all :).  Not Angry Tuesday, Happy Tuesday! :)

5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. I will be going back through it. Helps to see what other people were doing as I sit at Day 17. Thank you for your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey HD! Thank you so much. I really appreciate your support. Day 17- that is fantastic- you are almost in the 20's now! You are doing AWESOME! :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear CWD,
    I found this little link on anger.
    Happy Tuesday to you!
    xo
    Wendy
    http://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, you totally read my mind...I was seriously just reading that article yesterday! Thank you for providing the link- it has some really great information. Hope all is well in your neck o' the woods :). <3

    ReplyDelete