Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Kindred Spirits

Had a wonderful day with my little guy. He has such a big heart. I love being around him. At one point while he was playing, I made small presents for each of my bereavement group members because tonight was our final meeting. It was a beautiful last gathering. I was thinking that AA is a support group as well. It is such a cool thing to be able to go be with your people/tribe/kindred spirits for a time, when you need it most or just to stay afloat. I haven't been to an AA meeting in a little while now and for some reason lately I've been having an urge to attend one. I don't quite know why. I don't feel like drinking at all...very much the opposite. I have absolutely loved not drinking. I guess maybe the meetings help keep this real, keep the fact that I want to continue living an alcohol-free life a reality. Other things help too, like writing in my blog, talking with my husband. I'm feeling good approaching my 60 days and I guess I just want to stay that way. Maybe I'm being protective of my sobriety. I wonder if that makes sense. It helps being around others in person who are on their own journey of stopping drinking. Anyway, much love to all out there, wherever you may be.

2 comments:

  1. I think you do need to be protective of your sobriety...that's a good turn of phrase. You've worked hard to grow it, make it bloom into something beautiful. Whatever tools help you protect that make sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete