Monday, April 18, 2016

Breezy...?

Feeling a little weird today. Need to get this out. Tomorrow will be my 30th day. I am very happy for that. It makes me a little nervous because I have zero desire to drink and it feels like things haven't really been too terribly tough so far, besides that one Saturday earlier on. I don't want to take any element at all of my sobriety for granted. I am wondering if I am being too breezy about my not drinking. It's confusing...I don't want to be light about it and risk feeling like I can drink down the line (because I do not want to), but I also want to be gentle on myself and not take everything so SERIOUSLY. I want joy and brevity in life. I guess this is common- I mean, who wants to be miserable, sober or otherwise?? I have found myself thinking that it's really early and I should not get complacent. I do not want to have that first drink. I see clearly that it leads to more. Relapse is really a frightening concept. I think I need to attend another meeting and open up more to others. That will help me feel more connected and keep strengthening my sobriety. It feels wonderful writing about it, but it must also feel wonderful speaking about it. I will find that women's meeting!

As an aside, I want to be a good, strong, clear, bright, wise example for my son. I would like to do everything I can to support myself in not drinking and translate that to being a better person, mother, wife, daughter, friend.

Also, today is really hard because it is this day one year ago that my Dad began his true decline. I do not wish to write about that. It is so painful to recall. I miss him beyond words. Sending support to all those with poor health, those in bereavement, those getting sober, and those maintaining sobriety.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are choosing to find or go to another meeting.
    I know it took me awhile to feel comfortable, but now I know I have so much support!
    I know I cannot take addiction lightly, as I have seen the results of people going back to drinking.
    Happy Birthday tomorrow, and I am happy you are giving yourself and your family the BEST gift ever!
    xo
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Wendy. I appreciate your support and insight very much. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete