Thursday, April 7, 2016

Free

Fixing breakfast and a random thought swept through my brain: I'm free. Free from daily obsessive thoughts about...whether I should drink that night, what time should I drink, what type of drink should I have, where should I purchase the drink, how much should I drink, when should I stop drinking, how do I feel in the morning after drinking, etc upon etc. If I just don't drink at all, then I will not have to worry about any of that. I think it is sinking in just a little bit. It sounds so easy. It's embarassing to share those obsessive, dull, drink thoughts but I know they are not unique at all. If I decided to drink for "special occasions", I believe I would have these exact thoughts, and that troubles me. Still getting used to the idea of forever. Feeling good this morning. Rainy here and sometimes I just need a rainy morning. Love and support to those grieving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment