Friday, April 15, 2016

Stuff I've Done Sans Booze

Some things I've been doing/experiencing since stopping drinking:

- Learning Spanish on the awesome Duolingo app.  Super fun and highly recommended.  Many different languages to choose from.

- Keeping a tidier house.  Feels nice having things more in order externally as well as internally (except for my fiery weird emotional rollercoasters......maybe things will even out one day?)

- Feeling more self-respect.  I especially respect myself more as a mom.

- Feeling "clearer" and truly enjoying that.

- Caring more for my vegetable seeds.  I want those babies to thrive.  It is so fun watching them grow.

- Exercising more.  We have been taking walks more often and have been enjoying the outdoors together as a family.  It's really nice.

- Coping with stuff without alcohol; obvious, I know, but still worth mentioning because it really is a new experience.

- Writing more.  I started this blog and for some reason I've been keeping it up, writing every day.  I think it helps.  I have commented on a few blogs and I think it would be good to join the community of virtual sober homies.

- Attended an AA meeting.  That was...interesting.  A little bleak.  I don't want to give up on it just because of one non-love connection meeting.  Not sure if it is the right method (is that the right word?) for me.  I am definitely open, though.  Will probably go to another meeting sometime soon.

- Eating healthier.  I really am.  It's cool.  I was more inclined to go the cheese fries/pizza route before because of laziness/booziness.  I have been cooking more and it is great.  Nothing against cheese fries or pizza, of course!!

- Reading more.  I finished something like 5 books since being sober.  That's a lot for me.

That is all for now, but it's a decent list I think.  Yeah man!

No comments:

Post a Comment