Sunday, April 10, 2016

Today ruled

What a thoroughly awesome day. Cleaned (almost) the entire house this morning in preparation for my in-laws, who graciously and happily watched our little guy while my husband and I went to a baseball game. It was SO much fun- completely sober, bright, clear, energized, way less expensive, more attentive time. We were remembering one game several years back that we got completely hammered at- was the point of the experience to get fucked up or watch a basball game? Today was just so cool. Got out of the stadium laughing and happy, drove home, spent wonderful time with our man before putting him to bed, had adult hour just hangin on the couch watching old Project Runways, winding down now before sleep, writing in the tiny computer in my hands, all experiences of which were lived completely, beautifully sober. No desire to drink at all, not even at the stadium. It was weird. Awesome weird. My husband noted that we probably would have been exhausted after the game and not had such an enjoyable, light evening had we been drinking. Really appreciate the good day today. I also really miss my dad so much. The grief just burns. He would have been so happy knowing about our great time. It is so overwhelming wishing he was still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment