Thursday, April 21, 2016

Weirdo Craving

Hello to all who might be reading this today.  Had a weird craving last night....not for booze..for a cigarette..??  I was about to leave for my bereavement class (which was awesome- super intense, but good) and I guess I was just thinking of my dad and then what do you know, a random urge to smoke a cigarette popped into the old brain.  It thankfully only lingered for a few minutes.  It's a lot easier to not smoke when I am not drinking!!  When I would drink, I'd sometimes get an urge to smoke, and that was pretty much that- I was done for- whether I smoked that evening or not, I knew it would happen soon.  It always did.  Like some smoky switch got flipped- usually when I was several drinks in and perhaps semi-sad/depressed.  I do not miss that at all.  Things are good this morning. Wishing you well. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment