Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hello Day 27

I am a little curious about the concept of counting days. It's something I think many people have brought up and I am always interested in other folks' opinions about what works for them. I suspect it's all personal and subjective. To me, counting days in some ways seems a little bleak. I probably have the wrong attitude about it. For people responding effectively to that method, it is probably all about celebrating each day, like "Hell yeah! Day 27! Go me!" But just living life, enjoying the time, and simply not drinking, seems like a really natural way to be. Not being caught up or obsessed with each day, each hour. However,  in thinking about counting the days as achievements, each one an accomplishment in its own right, that seems so wonderful. The importance of acknowledging milestones. I started by counting, then moved away from that, and now seem to be doing both, kind of casually aware, if that's possible. I check the number when I think of it or when I'm moved to check, but seem not to be obsessing. Today marks the late morning of Day 27, and it's a great morning. I see 30 days on the horizon. How cool is that? I would like to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment