Monday, April 25, 2016

Upcoming Events

Hello out there! I just had a pretty awesome realization....April is coming to close and if I make it to May, it will have been an entirely sober April by choice.  I want to get there.  I refuse to get too confident or nonchalant about it because I know how quickly the urge to drink can swoop in and overtake my mind...even if that happens, I don't want to have any drinks because one will lead to more, I just know it.  Why wouldn't it?  In what universe would I just want one drink?  I need to accept that will never change about me.  Even if I think it has changed, I must remember that I don't want to risk it and that drinking is completely unnecessary.

Some upcoming things that I am looking forward to experiencing sober:

- the wedding of an extended family member
- family get-togethers
- hanging out with friends
- just random days of the week and weekends!

Some upcoming events that I'm a little nervous about:

- the year anniversary of my dad's death (for obvious reasons)
- my marriage anniversary (will it be hard not to "toast"?)

Just have to anticipate potentially difficult feelings and plan ahead about what I will do in those situations.  Hope all are well who may be reading this- take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment