Friday, April 29, 2016

Keep Going

Such a hard day. A bunch of crazy things happened and were super tough to deal with. Found myself wanting the escape of alcohol. It really must have its claws in me. I felt myself whispering all about drinking, in my head. Drinking to cope. Drinking to ease the darkness. Yet..it passed. It truly did. I heard the voice. I understood why it called. I felt like giving in to it in some ways. Then I thought about how much I didn't want to drink. How I wanted to be a clear, sober presence. How I have made myself accountable to a few people. And the voice just..disappeared. And now I have no desire to drink. It's a good feeling. Riding along here. Still much to learn. Keep going. Life is good. Hard. But good.

2 comments:

  1. You can do this.
    Our brain is addicted to the drink, and will push hard to get what it wants.
    But we can say, Not Today!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Wendy. Not today- such huge small words! Such a wise, approachable, cool way to think about things. I am so sorry I missed your 600th day by the way; your post got buried in the few blogs I subscribe to. I just wanted you to know how truly happy I am for you! :)<3

    ReplyDelete