Sunday, April 24, 2016

Brief Thoughts

Wow, another sober weekend under the old belt...how cool!  I am starting to realize how much alcohol simply doesn't matter.  It was so ingrained that I feel sad to say I'd kind of forgotten that it's completely unnecessary.  I had a few urges about "the future....", but they passed pretty quickly.  Went to Quaker meeting, worked in the garden, spent time with family, made some good Indian food, really just a bunch of awesome, simple things added up to be a productive and peaceful weekend.  Emotional at times, but it would be like that whether I was drinking or not.  It is so much better to feel clean.  I really want to keep this up.

2 comments:

  1. You can keep it up!
    One lady once told me, "I believe in you".
    I can tell that you really want this.
    So I say to you, I believe in you!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Wendy. That is so touching. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete